Do you know there are several Types of Computer Mouse available in the market for different uses? And do you know there are specific types of mouse that can reduce your wrist pain and muscle strain? Here we are going to recommend some of the Best Ergonomic Mouse for Wrist Pain.
We sit at our desks and work for hours and hours. Due to that, we experience different kinds of pain in various parts of our bodies. One of the common pain we are encountering these days is Wrist Pain. Even I used to feel the same. That is when I got myself an Ergonomic Mouse which helped me reduce the Wrist Pain. And Hence, I thought of sharing it with my readers and providing a list of Best Ergonomic Mouse for Wrist Pain.
What is an Ergonomic Mouse?
An Ergonomic Mouse is a Type of Mouse that is designed in a way to provide comfort to the users. Most of the mice in our list are Vertical Mouse. Wrist Pain is becoming an issue for computer users, especially gamers and multimedia editors, as they use the mouse the most. Therefore, having an Ergonomic Mouse would reduce a lot of stress on their wrist. Using an uncomfortable mouse for a long time can also cause Carpal Tunnel issues. Therefore, you should take care of your wrist.
However, if you are having difficulty moving your wrist, you can go for a Trackball Mouse. By using the Trackball Mouse, you can control the cursor with your thumb without moving your wrist.
Check out the Best Thumb Trackball Mouse for PC.
Best Ergonomic Mouse for Wrist Pain:
Here are some of the Best Ergonomic Mouse for Carpal Tunnel.
1. Logitech MX Vertical Wireless Mouse
Logitech is one of the most popular companies that manufacturers computer accessories and peripherals. With that said, here is one of the Best Ergonomic Mouse for Wrist Pain by Logitech. One of the best features of Logitech MX Vertical Wireless Ergonomic Mouse is that you can connect it to four devices (3 Windows and 1 Apple PC). Check out its other features to understand why it is on the #1 spot on our list.
Logitech MX Vertical Wireless Mouse Features:
- The Logitech MX Vertical Wireless Ergonomic Mouse is angled at 57-degree to reduce muscle strain.
- It has high efficiency of 400 DPI that reduces hand moment.
- You can connect it to 3 Windows PC and 1 Apple PC (through Bluetooth). Moreover, by using Logitech Flow software, you can easily transfer files, images, and copy-paste text from one device to another.
- You can use it as a wired mouse using the USB C cable, or connect it using the Nano Reciever, or connect it using Bluetooth.
- Logitech MX Vertical Wireless Ergonomic Mouse can be used for up to 4 months on a single charge.
- Textured Surface prevents the mouse from slipping from your hands
- Furthermore, it has two customizable buttons in the thumb area, which can be used as next/previous, or other options.
- It is well-built and weighs around 225 grams. The size of Logitech MX Vertical Ergonomic Mouse is 5 x 4 x 4 inches.
Points to Note:
- It is the most expensive product on this list, but it is also the best.
- The scroll wheel placement can be confusing for some users. Also, the middle click is a little hard to press.
After looking at all the features and trying it out ourselves, we believe this is the Best Ergonomic Mouse for Wrist Pain.
Also, check out Logitech MX Vertical Mouse Full Review here.
2. Anker Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Mouse
The Anker Ergonomic Mouse is a Wireless Vertical Optical Mouse suitable for Desktops and Laptops. The Ergonomic design will provide comfort and reduce stress on your wrist. It uses 2.4 G Wireless Technology, so you can also use it for gaming without any lag. Moreover, it also has next/ previous buttons in the thumb area.
You can also check out Anker 2.4G Vertical Ergonomic Mouse Review, where we have explained all the features deeply.
Anker Vertical Ergonomic Mouse Features:
- 2.4G Wireless Technology for faster response and low latency.
- You can use this wireless mouse with a nano receiver.
- The Anker Ergonomic Mouse has next & previous buttons, besides the three main buttons, and a scroll wheel.
- It also has a DPI button that will toggle between 800, 1200, and 1600 DPI.
- Anker Ergonomic Wireless Vertical Mouse automatically goes into power-saving mode when kept idle for 8 minutes. You can click on the left or right mouse button to wake it.
- Moreover, Anker offers 18 months warranty on its Wireless Ergonomic Vertical Mouse.
- It is compatible with all versions of Windows from Windows 2000, along with Linux and Mac OS.
- Anker Ergonomic Mouse weighs only 95 grams.
- The Vertical Mouse dimensions are 3.98 x 3.23 x 3.15 inches.
Points to Note:
- It uses two AAA batteries. You will also find the USB receiver and on/off switch at the bottom.
- The mouse is too light, which can be slippery at times.
- Some functions (like next/previous buttons) don’t work on Mac PC.
In overall, it is an affordable vertical mouse and provides value for money.
3. Kensington Pro Fit Ergo Vertical Trackball Mouse
The Kensington Pro Fit Ergo Vertical is the most unique mouse on the list. It is not only an ergonomic mouse but also a trackball mouse. The vertical ergonomic design reduces wrist moment, and the trackball reduces hand moment. With this mouse, you don’t have to move your hand here and there.
You can simply use your thumb to control the mouse pointer. Moreover, you can even use it on soft surfaces like beds and pillows as it doesn’t need any optical sensor to scan the surface. Let’s check out what other features it offers.
Kensington Pro Fit Ergo Vertical Trackball Mouse Features:
- Kensington Pro Fit Ergo Vertical Mouse is a wireless mouse, which can be connected through Bluetooth or WiFi.
- Moreover, you can connect it to three devices and easily switch between them by using the switch below the trackball.
- Kensington Pro Fit Ergonomic Vertical Mouse is available in Black and White variants. Besides that, it is also available in a Black Wired variant.
- It has a natural 60% tilt to reduce muscle strain, which makes it one of the Best Best Ergonomic Mouse for Wrist Pain
- Kensington Pro Fit Wireless Mouse for Wrist Pain has a 34mm thumb-operated trackball.
- The DPI switch on Kensington Pro Fit Wireless Mouse allows you to toggle between three DPI speeds (400, 800, and 1500).
- Furthermore, you can install the KensingtonWorks software to customize 9 programmable buttons.
- The Wireless Mouse by Kensington supports Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 11, macOS X 10.13, and later versions.
- Kensington Vertical Mouse dimensions are 5.37 x 3.37 x 2.63 inches, and it weighs nearly 180 grams.
- Also, the battery indicator will warn you when the battery is low.
Points to Note:
- It requires 2 AA batteries which can run up to 18 months.
- The right-click and left-click don’t work together, which can be inconvenient for gamers.
The combination of Ergonomic Vertical Mouse and Trackball makes it the Best Ergonomic Mouse for Forearm Pain.
Do you know? You can also control the pointer without moving your mouse. Check out How to Control Mouse with Keyboard.
4. Perixx Perimice Vertical Ergonomic Mouse Left Handed
This mouse is exclusive for left-handers. Left-handers have a hard time getting accessories and peripherals of their choice. Especially, when it comes to Ergonomic Mouse, they are designed based on right-handers.
However, I have found the Best Ergonomic Mouse for Wrist Pain for left-handers. Moreover, the Perixx Perimice 513L Vertical Ergonomic Mouse is available in wired and wireless variants. There is also another variant for Right Handers.
Perixx Perimice-513L Vertical Ergonomic Mouse Features:
- The Vertical Ergonomic Mouse by Perixx is designed to relieve wrist pain for left-handed users.
- You can toggle the mouse sensitivity between 1000 and 1600 DPI by using the DPI switch.
- It comes in wired and wireless variants so that the left-handed can choose the mouse variant according to their convenience.
- Perixx Perimice 513L Vertical Ergonomic Mouse is compatible with Windows 7, 8, and 10 OS.
- The Best Mouse for Wrist Pain weighs only 160 grams.
- Moreover, the Perixx Vertical Ergonomic Wired Mouse has a 1.8m durable wire.
- Build quality is good at the given price.
Points to Note:
- Not suitable for small hands, as the product dimensions are 4.92 x 2.44 x 3.03 inches.
- The Perixx Vertical Ergonomic Wired Mouse can be used on Mac by using an Adapter.
While using a Normal Mouse, left-handers can Switch Mouse Buttons. But, Ergonomic Design doesn’t allow them to do that. Therefore, left-handers should use the left-handed Ergonomic Vertical mouse.
5. J-Tech Vertical Ergonomic Mouse Chroma RGB
Here is a mouse suitable for gamers and RGB lovers. The J-Tech Digital Vertical Ergonomic Mouse is perfectly designed to reduce wrist pain for gamers who play for long hours. Let’s check out what else does it offer besides the Chroma RGB lighting.
J-Tech Vertical Ergonomic Mouse Features:
- J-Tech Digital Vertical Ergonomic Mouse has adjustable RBG lighting mode so that the user can customize the lighting according to their style.
- It is one of the Best Vertical Gaming Mouse that offers 5 adjustable DPI settings (800, 1200, 1600, 2400, and 4000).
- Also, it uses Optical Senser for better sensitivity and precise tracking.
- Moreover, the Vertical Ergonomic RGB Mouse is compatible with all versions of Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- You can even change the button functions and remove the palm rest according to your convenience.
- The Vertical Ergonomic Mouse by J-Tech weighs around 240 grams, and its dimensions are 5.9 x 3.4 x 5.9 inches.
- Furthermore, the ergonomic shape, shiny design, and RGB lighting layout make the mouse look beautiful and attractive.
Points to Note:
- The light switch and DPI switch are underneath the mouse.
- The Vertical Ergonomic RGB Mouse is a wired mouse.
- Also, the DPI button is placed at the bottom, and it is hard to detect the current DPI level.
SOUNDANCE Ergonomic Mouse Pad with Wrist Support
Here is the Best Ergonomic Mouse Pad for Wrist Pain will help you reduce the stress on your wrist. You can use the normal mouse as well as an Ergonomic Vertical Mouse on it. It is completely built of memory foam and has an anti-slip base. The size of the mouse pad is 14 x 8 inches, and it comes in black color. Moreover, it is suitable for both home and office use.
If you are using a big mousepad, you must get a small keyboard to manage the space. Therefore, here are some of the Best 60% Keyboards that will keep your keyboard-mouse setup compact.
Also, check out this video by Steve Meager (YouTube) who gave tips on How to Reduce Wrist Pain while using a computer mouse.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is Ergonomic mouse better for Wrist?
Yes, Ergonomic Mouse is designed to provide comfort for your wrist and reduce wrist pain.
Do vertical mice help wrist pain?
Yes. The natural hand shake position design of Vertical Mouse will ease your Wrist Pain in a few days.
How can I stop my wrist from hurting with my mouse?
You should buy an Ergonomic Vertical Mouse or Trackball Mouse.
Are Ergonomic Mice good for carpal tunnel?
Yes, Ergonomic Mice are good for carpal tunnel as it helps the wrist muscle relax.
Why you should change your Mouse for Wrist Pain?
Have you ever noticed that after long use and clicking continuously, the finger starts paining? It is because the original mouse wasn’t designed for heavy use. So, shifting from a normal mouse to Vertical Mouse will reduce the risk of cramping.
Based on our experience, we felt like Logitech MX Vertical Wireless Ergonomic Mouse is the Best Mouse for Wrist Pain. It can be connected to multiple devices and offers many other features. However, some people don’t like paying much for a mouse. In that case, you can go with our 2nd choice Anker Ergonomic Mouse. It is a lightweight and affordable wireless mouse with multiple DPI settings.
The Kensington Pro Fit Ergo Vertical Mouse with Trackball can even reduce the wrist moment to keep your hand muscles relaxed. Well, even left-handers get wrist pain. So, keeping them in mind, I have suggested the Perixx Perimice 513L Vertical Ergonomic Mouse for Left Handers, which is available in wired and wireless variants. Finally, for gamers and RGB lovers, the J-Tech RGB Vertical Ergonomic Mouse is the best choice.
So, comment below and tell us, according to you, which one is the Best Ergonomic Mouse for Wrist Pain and to reduce muscle strain.