60% Keyboards are one of the Types of Keyboards which are compact and easy to carry. Many users prefer a compact and clean desktop. Moreover, the 100% Keyboard (Regular Keyboard) is vertically long, due to which you had to spread your hands when holding the mouse. Hence, here are some of the Best 60% keyboards you can use for Gaming, Typing, or Regular use.
5 Best 60% keyboards:
Although you will find several 60% keyboards on the Internet, I have handpicked some of the best ones to save your time.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we recommended. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
1. Redragon K530 Draconic 60% Compact RGB Wireless Mechanical Keyboard
Redragon is a Well Known brand that manufactures computer peripherals. The Redragon K530 Draconic is a Compact RGB Wireless and Mechanical Keyboard with just 61 Keys. It is available in both Black and White colors, and both look fantastic.
Moreover, you can not only see RGB lights around the keys but also on the letters. It has a huge capacity 3000 mAh battery, which can last up to 15-16 hours. Even if the battery is low you can connect using the TypeC cable and use it.
Features of The Redragon K530 Draconic 60% Keyboard:
- Having only 61 Keys makes it a real 60% Compact Keyboard.
- Bluetooth 5.0 lets you access the Keyboard even from a distance.
- Huge 3000 mAh battery, which gives you up to 15 hours of usage.
- You can use it as Wireless or Wired.
- The RGB Backlit is customizable.
- Available in Black and White colors
- The Redragon K530 Draconic Keyboard has a Battery Indicator.
- Moreover, it is Mechanical Keyboard.
- Compatible with PC, Tablet, and Laptop (Need to have working Bluetooth Service to use Wirelessly)
- The Dimension of this Keyboard is 11.5 x 3.9 inches.
- The secondary keys are printed on the bottom side of the button, which is easy to see.
- Furthermore, even though it is well built, it weighs only 1.34 pounds.
Even though it is one of the best products in this category, it has some cons.
- It doesn’t have dedicated arrow keys, which could be a problem for some users. However, you can scroll to the end as we have provided an alternative for this Keyboard.
2. HyperX Alloy Origins
HyperX Alloy Origins is one of the Best best 60% keyboards. It is a Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with 61 Keys. HyperX Alloy Origins comes only in Black color, which makes the RBG lights look even better. Moreover, you can not only connect this Keyboard to PC, but also PS5, Xbox, Xbox One, and PS4 as well.
HyperX Alloy Origins features:
- Durable PBT keycaps, which can last for a long time.
- The RGB lights are much brighter on this Keyboard.
- It provides a Key puller and an additional Esc key.
- The Diamond cut design of the Keycap makes the Keyboard look more beautiful with the RGB lights.
- Multi-platform compatible (PC, PS5, Xbox, Xbox One, PS4)
- The aluminum body makes the Keyboard more stable and resilient.
- Secondary Functions Text is Printed on the bottom side of the Keycaps for better visibility.
- With HyperX NGENUITY you can customize the RGB as you wish.
- Moreover, you can tilt HyperX Alloy Origins Keyboard at three angles (3″, 7″, and 11″) as per your convenience.
- This 60% Keyboard dimensions are 11.7 x 4.2 inches.
- Highest Rating on Amazon
- HyperX Alloy Origins comes only in Black. So, if you have a White Laptop or Setup, this Keyboard wouldn’t match the theme.
- As it is an aluminum build, it weighs around 2.14 Lbs.
- Not wireless. Although, it has a detachable Type C cable so that you can carry it easily. But, it is not Wireless.
3. GK61 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
The GK61 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard could be an ideal choice for most users. The Keys are not much elevated. So, for those who are shifting from Membrane Keyboard to Mechanical Keyboard, this could be much comfortable. Moreover, the Secondary Functions are printed on Top of the Keycaps with different colors for user convenience.
GK61 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Features:
- It claims to have 16.8 Million color combinations with multiple backlit modes.
- GK61 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard allows you to customize the RGB, and even personalize the Function Keys at your convenience.
- Compatible with all versions of Windows (on Desktop and Laptop)
- The build is strong and the Keyboard is Durable.
- One of the best features of the GK61 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard is that it is IP64 Certified (Water/Splash Proof)
- GK61 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard has the standard size of 11.5 x 4.05 inches.
- Moreover, you can use the Fn key to Turn RGB lights ON/OFF, adjust brightness, and more.
- Swappable Optical Switches.
- Lots of Variants, so that the user can buy the one he likes.
- Not a Wireless Keyboard. Despite all the pros, you still need to connect it using the cable to use it.
- Not compatible with gaming consoles or Tablets.
4. Drop ALT Mechanical Keyboard — 65%
The Drop ALT High-Profile Mechanical Keyboard is not exactly a 60% Keyboard. It is actually 65%. While the other Best 60% Mechanical Keyboards we have listed in this list have 61 Keys, this Keyboard has 67. It has arrow keys. So, for those who were looking for a 60% Keyboard with arrows, this can be the best choice.
It comes in two different colors, which are grey and black frames. However, the color of the keycaps remains the same. One of the best things about this Keyboard is the RGB lighting. It not only has RGB lights under the keycaps but also under the Keyboard Frame, which gives a Royal look. No wonder it is the most expensive 60% Keyboard on this list.
Features of the Drop ALT High-Profile Mechanical Keyboard:
- The heavy build aluminum frame makes it more resistant and long-lasting.
- RGB Lights under the Keys and under the Keyboard as well.
- It is compatible with Desktop and Laptops
- Drop ALT High-Profile Mechanical Keyboard has dedicated arrow keys
- It is heavy (2.7 Pounds). So, even when you are immersed in hardcore gaming, the Keyboard isn’t going to move from its place.
- Comes in Black and Grey Frames.
- Moreover, it has a fully customizable backlight feature.
- Even though it adds additional keys, the Keybaord still looks compact (Dimensions are 12.6 x 4.4 inches)
- It is very Expensive
- Don’t have a Wireless feature
- Compatible only with Laptops and Desktops
- Limited Color Options
The Drop ALT High-Profile Mechanical Keyboard has several variants like Kaihua Speed Silver, Cherry MX Blue RGB, Cherry MX Brown RGB, and more. So that the user can choose according to his convenience. Moreover, you can even purchase the Barebone variant and assemble it with the Keycaps of your choice. This is the Best 60% Mechanical Keyboard if budget is not your concern.
5. Snpurdiri ST-K3 60% Wired Gaming Keyboard
I have included Snpurdiri ST-K3 60% Wired Gaming Keyboard in this because this is the best 60% Gaming Keyboard on the Internet. If you need a 60% Keyboard and have a tight budget, this should be the best option for you. Moreover, the Snpurdiri Gaming Keyboard has several variants, which are a bit pricy but still affordable. The ST-K3 version is the cheapest of them all.
However, note that all the products in this Best 60% Keyboards list are Mechanical Keyboards, except this one. Snpurdiri ST-K3 is a Membrane Keyboard.
Snpurdiri ST-K3 Pros:
- It is a wired Keyboard with a Type C Detachable cable.
- The size of the Snpurdiri ST-K3 60% Gaming Keyboard is 12.6 x 5.24, which is a little bit large than the standard 60% Keyboards.
- You can use the Fn key to Turn RGB lights ON/OFF, adjust brightness, and more.
- Snpurdiri ST-K3 is the lightest Keyboard that weighs around 1.15 pounds.
- The Key strike is very Quiet. Your roommates won’t be disturbed when you are playing hardcore games on it.
- Not a Mechanical Keyboard.
- The Key Combinations (Function Keys) could be confusing at first.
- Not a Wireless Keyboard.
There are pros and cons of the Snpurdiri ST-K3 Keyboard, but it is the best you can get at this price. So, if you just want to purchase a 60% Keyboard to try, this could be a budget-friendly option.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why 60% keyboards are Best:
Here are some of the reasons why 60% Keyboards are Best compared to other types.
- They save space
- You can easily carry them in your backpack
- It contains all the keys that a regular keyboard has (except the Numpad)
- They come in several varieties (Mechanical, Gaming, Wireless, etc)
How Many Keys Does a 60% Keyboard Have?
Usually, the standard 60% Keyboard has 61 Keys.
How to Screenshot on a 60% Keyboard?
Some Keyboards assign the PrintScreen button as a Secondary Function. It will be printed on the Keycap. However, some keyboards don’t provide the option at all. Moreover, a few Keyboards allow the user to Customize and Assign a Hotkey for Print Screen. It varies with different keyboards.
Here are some tips before you Add your favorite Product to the Cart.
- Choose the Switch Type according to your convenience. Some of the products mentioned above have different variants. So, you can choose the Switch Type which you are most comfortable with.
- Mac Users better choose the Wireless Keyboard, if you don’t have USB Type-A Ports on your Laptop/Desktop. These Keyboards have Type C to Type A Cables, not Type C to Type C,
- The missing dedicated arrow keys can make it difficult for users to navigate on their PC (Especially when you are using Excel Sheets)
However, if there are arrow keys, that isn’t actually a 60% Keyboard. Nevertheless, you can purchase a similar keyboard here WITH the arrow keys.
Redragon K552 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Which is the Best Choice?
After reading all the features, if you are still confused about which Keyboard you should choose, then I would suggest you go with the first one. Redragon K530 Draconic is a Wireless, RGB, Gaming, and Mechanical Keyboard. Although other keyboards are better than this, I choose this because it is not only good but also affordable. It is value for money.